Sunday, October 17, 2010

LANGUAGES OF LOVE




I am reminded again of the many ways to say " I love you". My mother may not be able to talk but she can communicate all the same.

From my mother it can be the way she looks in my eyes and I can tell she knows what I'm thinking, it can be a smile when I try to take her picture, or that glance when I tease her. It is the gentle touch of her finger on my cheek, or a soft caress as she touches my chin, or a squeeze of her hand in mine.

From my mother to my father it is her reaching out to him with her hand, asking for him to be there next to her, to hold her so she knows that everything is alright as long as he is there by her side. And then when he reaches to hers and their hands connect she relaxes and is at peace. "Actions do speak louder than words". Dad says that even though she doesn't move much anymore that somehow in the middle of the night she manages to cross over the slit between their beds so in the morning when he wakes she is snuggled over next to him.

1 comment:

  1. I am so pleased to read the words that have had in my heart. I am glad that you get a chance to feel of this wonderful woman's spirit. She is a wonderful person who is still teaching us how to love. Isn't that what being a parent is? Teaching our children how to love!

    ReplyDelete