Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Sunrise on the mirrored Sea.

We can’t even feel that we are moving, which Ed is most grateful for.

Last night comedian was not very funny. I almost felt sorry for him but instead decided to doze a few minutes between the few times people laughed and woke me up.

Then this morning began with our exercise routines of walking, bicycling or swimming, and I did another two batches of laundry to last us until the end of the trip. (See it’s not all vacation…a woman’s work in never done.)

Exploration speaker was on “Great Cities of Japan: Kyoto, Japan’s Cultural Capital. City of Temples and Shrines. (Thousands of Buddhist temples and Shinto shrines.) This city we will be seeing on our own on Saturday after the cruise ends on our way to Tokyo. We are a bit concerned how to see a whole city along with traveling with all our suitcases and hand bags along with our few purchases. (I’m glad for my Rick Steve’s Don’t-tell-bag which we will add to our other luggage count.)

Then after our Mariner’s brunch with the Captain we headed back to our cabin, the other three taking naps while I studied up on our next two ports of call, Cheju City in South Korea and Kagoshima Japan. Kriss has completed her responsibilities as our tour guide and the rest of the trip is mine. So I headed off to the afternoon class covering these two cities to help me learn where to go and how to get there. The others played Train Game.

Then Kriss joined me and we went on a Behind the Scenes Backstage Tour and Q&A. All the singer/dancer performers were there and told us about the training, contracts, life on a ship, and then took us back stage to see how they manage to do it all. The prop room, dressing tables, wig/hat room, and costume room. We will see them perform 4 times while on the two week cruise.

Tonight is another formal night…not a favorite of mine or Ed’s. I need to finish this so I can send during the Internet Special for half price as I’m almost out of minutes on our internet plan and don’t want to purchase more as they say we probably won’t get to email once we hit Japan sea waters Thursday morning, but can’t tell me exactly when as they are “still in negotiations” with Japan government.

Until then...

Pam, Dad, Kriss and Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment