Sunday, January 11, 2009

Snuggles

While I was staying with my parents, I got to witness many special moments in Grandma and Grandpa's relationship. They are such amazing examples of true love. One night when I was up in the middle of the night with my baby, I went down to get a bottle from the kitchen. I have to pass Grandma and Grandpas bed to get there. On my way down the steps, I paused b/c they were talking and I didn't want to add confusion to Grandma if Grandpa was trying to put her back to sleep. Grandma will often wake up in the night and just sit up looking around wondering what is going on. Grandpa has basically built her a gate on her side of the bed to keep her in b/c she will try to stand on her own forgetting that she can't. Grandpa will usually talk her back into laying down and going to sleep. On this specific night, I witnessed how he does it. He said "Hey little lady, come put your arm around me right here." So she laid down and put her arm around him and snuggled to his back. Grandpa said to Grandma "Oh I like that! I like that." It was so cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment